Thursday, January 12, 2012

Shadow Boxes

This was the first shadow box I made. I designed and taught it at a scrapbook shop.

The idea was a 'lady' (which we all are.... hmmm) is invited to another engagement, life is rough. And her biggest problem - as with many of us, I am sure! is what to wear. So we enter... her dressing room.

(And historical purists - sorry to upset you, but I don't really care if the clothes and furniture etc are from different periods! If it's pretty - it goes!)





Sheets of acetate create 'windows', like a display at a museum, as we look into a dressing room of the past.


I wanted to show her 'dilemma' in an almost Alison in Wonderland form - she clearly has enough blouses, and they spin around her, adding to her distress.





And on the back, she is serene, collected and calm, ready to leave. Well, that's the idea.

1 comment: