Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Birthday Boys

I am blessed to have so many children I don't know what to do. It's true. Needless to say, I make far too many birthday cakes. I have two December birthdays, and it is always such a rush - end of school, preparing for Christmas etc. So they usually get the 'cheats' versions. Heck. I cheat as often as possible, where and whenever possible. This year I made them both in the same afternoon, to keep it more, er, simple? The cake, when a sheet cake, is ALWAYS a brownie - because it is always flat, and never fails, and the kids actually eat it too, instead of just licking off the icing. The icing is butter cream. I don't think I'll bother with butter cream in summer again though....!

What do you do for a one year old? Do they care? Go for the one with the least amount of colours so you don't have to mix 100 different bags of icing!

And Percy- because I have made more Thomas cakes in the last 10 years than should be legal.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I'd been there to see them in person. Happy birthday boys.

    ReplyDelete