Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happily Ever After

I also painted this canvas in December. It was a busy month! My darling cousin got married - Yay! They are both.... unique individuals! It was by far and away the most fun wedding I have ever been to. (I enjoyed my own, but recall being very nervous!)

I wanted to make a gift for their new house, that would celebrate their character... This canvas is different to what I have made in the past as I tried to think of a colour scheme and layout that would suit them. But as I got into it, I relished the bright metallic in the orange and blue. The photos don't really show it off that well! 


The scripture written on the house is from Ruth 1:16. It is written in two different mediums, so it shows up differently as you walk around the room - sometimes it says 'You go I you go stay God'! Alternatively it says 'Where I will go & where I will stay'.... as I said, it looks much clearer in 'real life', thank goodness! 


I added a rabbit and a dog, as they had them when they got married. In December. 2011. Now, in Jan 2012, they have 2 dogs, a rabbit and a kitten. Stay tuned.


The grass is covered in verses to encourage each other in their relationship, mainly from Songs - always good for a marriage!


The figures are them - it took me days to find one where they aren't pulling faces etc (very normal!), because I wanted to show them as 'normal' with a 'clownish' streak.. or some such! I used a technique from Claudine Hellmuth.


Mediums used include: acrylic paints, gel and gloss mediums, texture mediums, metallic paint, perfect pearls, tsukinekio inks and various stamps and ink pen. 



2 comments:

  1. So looking forward to updates on this blog. I love your work! Blogs need a 'like' button :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Great ideas. You are very versatile.

    ReplyDelete