Thursday, January 12, 2012

Our Little Mermaid.... Wannabe

I have as many requests for Thomas Cakes as I do for anything with Ariel on it - every year she is planning her next cake...! This was for her fifth birthday, a few years back now....



I made this one - easiest version I could do at the time, with ready to roll fondant icing. My rule of thumb - the time spent creating cakes should always be REASONABLY proportional to the amount time that will be spent consuming them. Three weeks on a kids birthday cake for the 'perfect' Ariel is just ridiculous. Unless you are a genius with sugar paste and it is your passion. Mine, it is not!





Unless   So she could have done with some rhinoplasty , but I was a bit over her by the end! I really should have started with a plan... we live and learn? Well, I haven't much YET, but I do live in HOPE. Maybe next year?

1 comment:

  1. Well, I could certainly learn from you. I bet she loved it, and that's the real test!

    ReplyDelete