Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Here Goes Nothing

My first ever attempt at a ginger bread house. Once again, the southern hemisphere summer is not the best weather to make ginger bread in. The night I made this was so humid - I ended up almost doubling the flour so I could roll it out properly. I am sure it tasted like cardboard. And I am sure the kids didn't care! It was made from a template and recipe from Destitute Gourmet.


I opted NOT to add lollies - because there are enough of those around this time of year anyway. I did used the crushed boiled lollies for the windows, but they started to 'weep' in the humidity too! Oh well. It was pretty for a little while! I found the piping very therapeutic too.... not that I need to eat any more piped goods :( For the record, the royal icing recipe she used was fantastic, I've used it on ready-to-roll icing too, and it was very good.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I like the white icing with no lollies. Classy.

    ReplyDelete