Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mum's are the BEST!

Well, MINE is!

I would be so completely lost without my Mum. She has helped me so many times - over and over again, and I know she will always do whatever she can for us and her grandkids. She is a selfless giver, and I am afraid I am no where near as amazing as she is! The apple fell a bit further out from the tree there.... not that I am not entirely grateful! But I thought raising kids and being a great Mum and wife would be more sort of, in the blood.... turns out it is not!

And you can never repay your Mum, can you? I mean, apart from passing it forward and trying to be as good to your kids (and I am sure they will need it when they have their own!) as she has been to you. So the best thing I can think of to do, is thank her. And I am so thankful. Always and often!

I made this album one Christmas when (once again!) we were all broke, and decided that we had to draw names out of a hat and make gifts for the recipient. Like a secret santa.Such a better way to do Christmas, don't you think? We don't actually do 'santa'; I hate the way the focus is always on 'what did I get?' instead of 'what can I give?'. That's not how I want my kids to be raised -each to his own - and I am not above admitting I like to spoil my kids, I am only human! But they know they can have one or two nice toys etc from Mum and Dad, or some rubbish ones ('cause the money had to go further!) from a man that doesn't exist. They are pretty cool with that! And of course, I much prefer Christmas to be about Christ. He is the whole point, after all.

We only had three out of our four kids when I made this, so I feel like I have to 'update' it now! But the point of it was, I wanted to thank Mum specifically for the heritage she has given us. Without her and Dad, I wouldn't know Jesus, and neither would my kids. How grateful am I for that?! Talk about storing up treasures in heaven. I hope I can lead, teach, instruct and encourage my kids like she did for me. Man, I am blessed!






You have to excuse the one on the left... he has ringlets, usually, so Mummy couldn't bring herself to get his hair cut.... it was also the last photo of a looooong photo shoot, and he had had enough. Can you tell?


No comments:

Post a Comment