Thursday, January 12, 2012

Better Start Clapping, ('cause I don't really believe in fairies...)

That's right, Peter Pan. I prefer Terry Jones and Brian Froud's fairies...



Any -hoo, I have completed my first project for 2012! Yay me! If you knew me, you would understand that this is a big deal; generally, I put the 'pro' in 'procrastinate'. THIS year, I am going to try and use up more of my stash (the stuff you've been buying and hoarding, can't bare to use and so on - I am looking at you crafters out there....) and CREATE more. My theory is this: if I don't start, I won't end up anywhere. I need to use the time I have while the kids are little and I have the (relative) freedom of being at home, to create. Who knows where it will lead to, but at least I won't be in the same place in 5 years time. By which time my youngest will be at school and hopefully I will start to feel a bit more human.... That's the way it works, doesn't it??

And I saw this picture. It encouraged me, so I am sharing it. (Swiped off Pinterest. Loooove Pinterest. My happy place.)



And so I started. Another Kaisercraft off the page-er. When I saw them put out this set of drawers, I couldn't help but think of my daughter. It's so made for little girls. And of course, it would bring pleasure to us both if I got to make it and she got to play with it ;)  

I used Graphic 45 paper, which is another LOVE of mine, inks, acrylic paints, copic markers, kindy glitz, flowers, ribbons, sequins and rhinestones (why not eh?).

I was pleased with the way it came out - I usually like things more 'my-style', but I had to make it appeal to a seven year old who would actually use it, so it couldn't be too OTT. Que sera.











2 comments:

  1. That is frigging amazing girl! You are unbelievably talented girlfriend. I'm stoked you posted those words of encouragement. Not for my sake, cos I'm so not creative, but because now we get to watch you in action! I'm soooo excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is beautiful. Well done. It must have taken hours and hours.

    ReplyDelete