Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's a Wrap

My fabulously talented friend had a birthday recently. She collects just about everything - and everything I thought of to get her I thought - she's probably already got that....! And she is a market/thrift shop EXPERT - there is NO WAY I could give her something unique and have that, you know, real 'Wow, what a good idea' sort of gift! (A vanity of mine, I always want to give 'the PERFECT gift'.... Who knows when one hits a mark like that?!) So I opted for the next best thing! I was recently given this awesome biscuit tin - remember the ones that were at Grandma's, always full of home baking? Everyone needs them.... Sure, it was full of awful production line bikkies, but the potential for a chick who is, I think, well on her way to a self sufficient lifestyle (it won't be long before the goats arrive, I am sure!), to fill with her own delicious home made goodies (did I mention for HER birthday she invited us all around and cooked up delicious, love-infused bowls, and glasses, of goodness?) was right up there. And I was super excited about it because it was a Jubilee memorial tin, with a cool pic of Her Maj on it :) It is the little things....! While a tin is great, bought cookies generally aren't... so how does one zhoush (!?) it up a bit? 'Pimp My Biscuit Tin'.....

Cool tin, right?!
I also had a cute wee pair of earrings.... so out came the cuttlebug, with Tim Holtz's Tattered Flowers die; some Pearl Mists; a fair bit of lace and ribbon; and a thrift shop find - an old table cloth with (machine, I suspect, but no matter) hardanger stitching. I should have said, oodles of lace and ribbon. Should be enough to make... well, I can't wait to see what!

So, a gift that can be used again, and again. And it looked cute. Pleased, I was! And bless her, so was she. But she is just so darn nice....!






No comments:

Post a Comment