Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Such A Nice Way To Start People

Babies :)

I am privileged to have two amazing sister-in-laws; I totally lucked out in the in-law department, they are an amazing family and I love them to bits. God bless them, they have shown me such grace over the years and I am constantly inspired and encouraged by them. Recently one of them had a gorgeous new edition to an already amazing gaggle, or is that giggle? of kids. In my own sweet time (ie, very late!) I made a few things to send over the ditch, and I thought I'd post them to share.

After you've had one, or two, or more... children, you generally don't need more kids toys or books, and you have learnt what you really need and what just takes up space (this is all my theory!), so it is nice to get something for YOU. After all, after you have kids, it is less and less about you, so every now and then is really nice! (I never thought much of Mother's Day myself, until I learnt that it is a great time to get some things done that you don't usually; like someone else doing some house work (beats breakfast in bed!), or get a hair cut - anything you normally have to post pone for one need or another!) And sadly, because we live so far away :( I didn't want to buy clothes in case they we too small/wrong season etc. Hard to return or swap them! And that was another long winded way of getting to my point, which is when one wants to give something special to someone special and doesn't know what to give, it is a great excuse to make something !

One of the very talented ladies in my ATC club (which I should mention by now meet at New Zealand Scrapbook) is an especially gifted book maker/binder (I am sure there is a proper name - sorry Andrea!). Please check out her blog. She runs some delicious classes - I highly recommend them, and they are such fun, and relaxing at the same time! So off I went...



We leaned how to make the covers, dye the pages, and bind them together. It is a very therapeutic endeavour!



Ooooooh! How I love colour!



I had to go back to finish the first one, which meant I could make two! Yippee!







And you can never have enough bibs. I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was too cute. And easy!




And here is my sweetie nephew, unimpressed at his cape being put on backwards!!


Cutie! Such a cutie... I need a cuddle!



1 comment:

  1. What a clever chicken you are!!! Such an amazing lady. I didn't make her ANYTHING. Not even dinner!!! And I live here!!!

    ReplyDelete