Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Ladies Choice

With all this relocating I am a few months behind with posting pictures. I am a few months behind creating much at all! All of my art materials were in a box for about eight weeks as they made there way across the Tasman. In the rush to up-sticks I had forgotten that I would probably want to create SOMETHING) during that time, and neglected to leave anything out to play with. What a lack of foresight! Of course I HAD to buy a few bits and bobs, for sanity's sake... ;)  I started a journal, but I have had little time to do much there either. We still have a few boxes to unpack and my 'spare' time is being taken up starting up our new homeschool year and trying to find our place in this new city. And it is a BIG city! I must say that I find myself, when opportunity presents 'spare' time, usually falling asleep in a chair! Oh well. It will come right soon eh? Well, eventually!?

So I am posting ATCs for November, and surprisingly December. I managed to finish the December ATCs the day before the house removers arrived; I thought I would make it! Needless to say, I hadn't many materials to hand at this stage (would you believe I gave half of my art materials away? Neither can I!), and it is an interesting project to see what one can produce with limited time and materials.

The sad conclusion to the above, is that I am no longer in the same country as my Altered Art group :( Eventually I hope to be able to do some long distance swaps, but I haven't been that organised yet!

November's theme was 'Free for All', that is to say, we could choose for ourselves.

In a nutshell, I decided to use materials and techniques that I have enjoyed over the year, and to encourage my arty friends. I chose 'Love Your Work'.



















And Zoe chose to do Gingerbread Men. They are on silver baking trays, and each is different :) She put a lot of work into them and they looked lovely.







No comments:

Post a Comment