Wednesday, April 3, 2013

It's the Most Busiest Time of the Year

Christmas. I am glad we homeschool, so that we don't have to do all of the end of school break up Christmas parties too! By the time you bring a plate here and there, you could spend the whole month (November too!) in the kitchen!

I try to make as little work for myself as possible. That is usually how I start. Then it always seems to get bigger....! This year (ok, 2012, I am behind!) we had the MOTH's 40th birthday, our eldest was 10, and our youngest two both have birthdays in the two weeks before Christmas. And our wedding anniversary - I think we had a night off on the sofa watching a movie with a bottle of champagne, celebrating a career achievement for Mr MOTH. It was very nice - and quiet!

So, here's a few pics of what I got up to in said kitchen :)

Home Group Break Up Christmas Wreaths - Gingerbread and Peppermint.
How does one craft a platypus?
Perry, for the boys!
 

And one makes time to see Michael Palin!!! Happy Birthday me!!!
Resisting the urge to tell him I was his biggest fan. (Esp seeing as there was one dodgy die hard in the wings who was a little scary!)

Michael laughing at something extremely witty I must have said.... ;)

Signed: 'To Bruce & Sheila Bruce, Love from the Python Called Bruce' :) :) :)
Our 'baby' hits double digits... 
Walls made from 'lego' lollies. MOTH and I spent the evening constructing them!



Over eager brother going for MY candles, I don't think so!
Making 'Oscars' for MOTH's Oscar themed 40th.... (out sourced the cake, too much to do! I have a picture on a flash drive here somewhere.... in a box....)
I was making a gingerbread house.... letting the 'mortar' dry; and a curly two year old hurricane got to it....!
Gingerbread Reindeer for Kindy. I don't usually go in for 'class' gifts, but it was his birthday and it was his last day of kindy.


Needless to say, I haven't baked much lately! And we move into our new house to discover the oven doesn't fit my trays.... Hello?? It is also a bit dodgy heat-even wise..... oh well, less baking isn't a bad thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment