Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Outlook for Thursday

Weather



It has rained here everyday for the past fortnight. I am more than over it. the ground is so sodden that even in the breaks you can't send the kids out for a play. Feeling sorry for myself? You betcha! But that is pretty normal for New Zealand. I am pretty sure when Crowded House wrote 'Four Seasons In One Day' they were thinking about Auckland, whatever else they may have been trying to convey!


Summer sunshine - my FAVOURITE weather, just seems so far away. And songs about sunshine are just a bit difficult for me to be inspired by when the rain is pouring down my window. It is just cruel. 


I had decided to just the KISS principle this month (you know, Keep It Simple, Stupid!) so I raided my supplies again... and found the perfect answer. I am sure many people will recognise the Tim Holtz stamp I have used! But to pull it all together.... 


A classic 80's (famous in NZ!) song, that always makes me feel sunny on the inside! And it has our weather pattern picked! 


DD Smash
The Outlook For Thursday





I started with Bazzill cardstock which I painted with Tim Holtz distress crackle paint; then made a cloud shaped template with which I made the clouds, inking over the top in a blue shade. Then I made a quick isobar sketch over that, added the stamp and a rock candy glaze. I managed to stick to my KISS intentions - how about that! No idea how I am going to manage next months challenge.... but I will leave that to the last minute.... I would like to say just kidding, but I have a funny feeling....







No comments:

Post a Comment