Monday, May 20, 2013

I Am Sure Captain Wentworth Could Persuade Me...

My first International Swap!

The theme was favourite movie.... where to start THERE??? So many.... I did want to do Ferris Buller's Day Off , because that is right up there.





And so is The Fifth Element, Iron Man; I can't even think straight there are so many! It comes down to a simple question: What can I make without too much trouble sourcing supplies (seeing as In don't know may shops here yet), that won't take too long to make (because I will lose a week in postage) and won't be too 'embellished' to post?!

I am a big Jane Austin fan too. I love almost all movie versions of her books, but which to chose. Eventually I settled on Persuasion. And Rupert Penry-Jones doesn't dissuade much....


But seriously; separated, 'Persuaded' to break an attachment and being heartbroken for years, then to receive this letter? I think I would die! Jane Austin, you give us too many high expectations. But then, that is not always a bad thing....

'THE' Letter...

In the layers of paper, I included an nautical stamp and ledger paper, to represent various aspects of the story. I made a 'seal' out of paper clay (I have mailed sealing wax before without success!) 
 I stained some tracing paper with distress inks and wrote out the letter, and tied it so it can still be read.


I sewed on the lace -unfortunately I didn't have any white, as I would have preferred. And I don't know where to buy remnants etc here yet... :/


Given that I made them in a week, I am happy enough with the product, but I would like more time to explore shops here. A bit difficult with 4 kidlets in-tow and no baby sitters! Still.... it saves me money, no?


No comments:

Post a Comment