Friday, August 30, 2013

You Have To Start Somewhere..

I have just signed up for an amazing art class, I am so excited about it, it starts tomorrow!

As I was reading through the forum of all the ladies who have also signed up (it is an eCourse, which suits my timetable!) I was amazed and humbled by the amount of amazing women I will have the privilege of learning and journeying with. It is also a little daunting seeing some of the talent there!

Then I remembered that I have never actually posted a picture of my first actual canvas painting. Have to fix that!

I started it at a weekend painting course (2010? Too many children, memory not quite what it was...) - I needed somewhere to help me get started, get the ideas out. I finished it at home. It is a bit knocked around a bit now, after too many homes where we haven't been allowed to put picture hooks up :/ and having kids who like to touch things... I can't be too upset, I like to touch paintings too! In fact, the more I want to touch a painting the more I like it and enjoy it.

I based this design off a sketch I did off my Mother-in-law's sofa! I probably have never told her that, and I have used enough artistic licence to completely change the colours and distort it quite a bit. I used a lot of masking fluid as I carved a stamped design to do the large flower, which had a base colour and the stamp colour was a reflective metallic paint in orange/gold. It got a bit messy. My art usually does. That's how I roll... :)

I put up two pictures to try and show the difference in the light reflection, it is always difficult to show in a photo.The photo doesn't show either that it is actually more of a deep teal/peacock colour - here it looks more blue. Oh well!

I hope you like it. I still do, and I loved painting it. Makes me want to do some more....!



No comments:

Post a Comment