Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Vintage

Each month, as you will have gathered, we choose a different theme. We are trying to pull ideas out of a hat/box/bag - can't remember the receptacle, but we haven't had a good track record with that YET (remembering where it is, that is), but last month when VINTAGE was drawn out, there were satisfied smiles all round! Who doesn't like something vintage? There are so many options, and I love that we had so many interpretations and stories with the cards.


Vintage can be represented in so many ways. I decided to forego anything with sepia as I am in love with colours. I like sepia, but I wasn't in the mood, ya know? And there are sooooo many delicious things in shops, magazines, blogs, PINTEREST .... :)  You don't have to go far for inspiration. Mine came initially from a cupcake wrapper I had, it is a retro floral print. I thought it might make nice flowers of some sort. Maybe it would. I couldn't manage it! Well, I love the Tim Holtz Sizzix Tattered Florals Die, (which I did end up using) but I don't like ATCs to be too dimensional; otherwise they are too difficult to store. That is for Off The Page work!


So vintage, baking.... floral.... then I saw the neatest stamp.... 


Kaisercraft Fine and Sunny Stamp


And another love of mine is anything in bunting - so I HAD to have this stamp! 


And there was my theme: Vintage Market. All the old church fairs with bunting (ok, I am thinking more UK than NZ!), soft pastel colours, cake stands, doilies..... 


In a nutshell, I modge-podged a serviette to some Bazzill Dotted Swiss cardstock, stamped on the bunting and cut it out. I painted my pre-cut cards and backed them with Prima Vintage Market papers, added some self adhesive paper ribbon, stamped on the cutest bike stamp and coated with Ranger Rock Candy. Finally, I made some flowers out of the cupcake paper and some old paper doilies using the Tim Holtz/Sizzix cutter and used them to back some Kaisercraft flowers. I finally sprayed the flowers with Pearl Mists and added them and the bunting to the cards. 












No comments:

Post a Comment